Re: [exim] Outlook 2013 receives incorrect message

Top Pagina
Auteur: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Outlook 2013 receives incorrect message
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 12:49:46PM +0100, Micha?? Gi??y??ski wrote:

> deny message = This message contain spam and was rejected, if you don't agree with that please contact us (0011223344).
> log_message = This message contain spam
> condition = whatever
>
> Thunderbird receive whole statement "This message contain spam and was rejected, if you don't agree with that please contact us (0011223344)" whereas Outlook 2013 receive only 20 characters from last line of message "please contact us (0".
>
> Below tcpflow log:
> x.x.x.x.00587-y.y.y.y.35189: 550-This message contain spam and was rejected, if you don't agree with that
> 550 please contact us (0011223344).

As tcpflow confirms that message was delivered correctly on network level,
this problem is not an Exim issue. However, there may be some stateful
firewall on client host, doing traffic modification. The simplest way to
check it, I think, is to make the SMTP session by hands, with telnet,
reproduce the situation and look what telnet writes to user. If message
is broken, then some firewall exists, if not, then Outlook is broken.
--
Eugene Berdnikov