Re: [exim] verify = recipient/callout --> Exchange2013

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] verify = recipient/callout --> Exchange2013
On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 11:11:54PM +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> It just rejects the complete message? It means, if I send a message to a
> couple of users, just one non-existing recipient in this list causes a
> permanent delivery error for the complete message.
>
> One good and one bad:
>
>     <-  220 [hidden] Exchange
>     -> EHLO nbox
>     <-  250-exchange.[hidden].de Hello [10.0.8.2]
>     -> RCPT TO:<peter.[hidden]@foo.[hidden].de>
>     <-  250 2.1.5 Recipient OK
>     -> RCPT TO:<foo@foo.[hidden].de>
>     <-  250 2.1.5 Recipient OK
>     -> DATA
>     -> .
>     <** 550 5.1.1 User unknown

This is severely broken. Such a server must not be used to handle
mail originating outside of Exchange without prior recipient
validation (via LDAP, or similar) by a front-end gateway the
processes multi-recipient mail correctly.

This behaviour should be configurable and it should be possible
to disable it.

--
    Viktor.