Re: [exim-dev] segfault in mime.c (was: Beginning Release Pr…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] segfault in mime.c (was: Beginning Release Process for 4.85)
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 9:16 AM, <Lena@???> wrote:
>> >if mime ACL is used, with a test case (a piece of spam):
>> >http://mailground.net/pipermail/exim-users/2014-November/001431.html
>> >Victor Ustugov determined that the bug manifests if a part header contains
>> >a parameter with empty value like this:

>> I think we fixed that with commit 93cad488.
>
> No, 4.84 includes that commit.
> That commit fixed parsing of quoted parameter. The new bug is with
> completely empty parameter (rare, perhaps only in broken spam).

4.84 was released on Mon, 11 Aug 2014
commit 93cad488 was commited on Fri, 29 Aug 2014

That commit will fix the issue he's seeing. If you follow the thread
on http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/exim/users/100138, you'll see
in the last message the gentleman who reported it was also the one who
confirmed the commit above fixed the symptoms for him (and we had
tested it on our systems as well). I also sent a message to the
maintainers ML suggesting that it be included as part of their package
maintained patches, but ultimately that's up to the distro package
maintainers to decide to adopt it or not.

...Todd