Re: [exim] (110): Connection timed out

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] (110): Connection timed out
Dennis Davis <dennisdavis+exim-users@???> (Do 13 Nov 2014 15:45:28 CET):
> >       unpriviliged user)

> Another wild guess would be possibly that the MTU value is too high
> and hasn't been auto-negotiated down.

> Doesn't explain how telnet connections work but exim connections
> don't. Unless the test telnet connections are only using "small"
> packets.

All that (as my guesses) doesn't really fit into to the description, as
the OP says that only this one single domain gets the timeouts.

The PMTU problem may appear with the domains mailservers. Because
they receive the messages for this domain only. There it may make a
difference between telnet and Exim.

But why does the problem occur when forwarding the messages to the other data
center? He said, that other domains work well when being forwarded to
the other data center.

--
Heiko