Re: [exim] hard coded alias entry to lookup

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Gary Stainburn
CC: exim-users, Jeremy Harris
Subject: Re: [exim] hard coded alias entry to lookup
On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Gary Stainburn
<gary.stainburn@???> wrote:
>> >  in check_rcpt so that a separate file could simply hold
>> > user1:      paula
>> > user2:      graham

>> > and use a lookup to generate the appropriate message?
>> deny local_part =    <lookup>

>> Docs are at http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html

> I'm looking for something along the lines of
>
>   deny  domains = +local_domains
>                 data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/lists/fail_list}}
>                 message = This user is no longer available. For assistance
> please contact <data>

Look in the "String Expansions" chapter, scroll down to the ${lookup }
definition, read it and look specifically for the $value and fail
options.

What I would do do is set an acl_c variable with the result of the
lookup, then test if that variable is not empty and generate the
rejection/warning if it has content.

...Todd