Re: [exim] Exim4 ratelimiting

Góra strony
Autor: Biju Abraham N.
Dla: 'Chris Siebenmann'
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Exim4 ratelimiting
Dear Chris,

I have checked the squirrel mail configuration. It is configured to use SMTP
for mail delivery. So I have a chance of limiting fast-senders there. From
the log files, I have seen that esmtp is used for local deliveries.

I am a novice user of exim. I was going through the exim manuals for
ratelimiting incoming messages. I have taken specific examples from the
manual as follows:

********* start code ************
  warn ratelimit = 3 / 5m / per_rcpt / strict
     delay     = ${eval: ${sg{$sender_rate}{[.].*}{}} - \
                   $sender_rate_limit }s

  # Keep authenticated users under control
  deny authenticated = *
     ratelimit = 3 / 5m / strict / $authenticated_id

This I have added under the condition "acl_check_rcpt:" in the beginning
itself. Still, while testing I have seen that these rules are not hit. Could
you please tell me where to put these rules?

Regards,
Biju.