[exim] Exim4 ratelimiting

Author: Biju Abraham N.
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim4 ratelimiting
Hi All,

I am trying to ratelimit outgoing messages in my exim4 daemon. Many a times,
our mail server has been hacked, multiple identity has been added and using
those ids, hackers send out bulk spam mails. Once the limit is overcome,
many domains are blacklisting us. As I understand from the manuals and
searching the mailing lists, outgoing mails can not be ratelimited. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

What I am thinking is to rate limit using IP tables number of messages going
out domain wise to some limit. I can only reject connections using IP
tables. What I need is to defer the rejected connections. Where in the exim4
do I do this? Is it in routers?

I am sure many of you may have faced such issues. Please help with
appropriate pointers.

Regards,

Biju Abraham N.