Re: [exim] SOLVED - Re: verify = recipient, using virtual do…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Phillip Carroll
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SOLVED - Re: verify = recipient, using virtual domains, rejects all local recipients
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Phillip Carroll
<postmaster@???> wrote:
> require_files = VIRTUALS
> ...where in the main configuration, the macro was defined as
> VIRTUALS = /etc/virtuals/$domain/aliases
>
> When this change was tested, the require_files statement produced a
> permissions failure when the router was run in verify mode! (I presume this
> permissions failure is also what caused exists{file} to return false,
> although the debug output does not reveal this.)
>
> I don't understand the reason for the permissions failure. /etc/virtuals,
> and all descendants, are owned by user "mail". User exim is a member of the
> "mail" group. All of the folders, and all of the aliases files have 644
> permissions, which means they are both group readable and world readable by
> user exim. If not, then I know even less about *nix than I ever thought I
> did.

Any chance you can show us the directories all the way from / up to
/etc/virtuals/$domain/aliases, and the file aliases as well? You can
obfuscate the domain, that's fine. I just want to see the permissions
and ownership of each directory up to and including the aliases file.

...Todd