Re: [exim] Problem disabling SSLv3 ciphers on Exim 4.72 to d…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: TPCexim
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem disabling SSLv3 ciphers on Exim 4.72 to deal with Poodle vunerability (CVE-2014-3566)
On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:03 AM, <TPCexim@???> wrote:
> Many thanks for the explanation and above link describing the openssl_options option. As it was not available in exim-4.72, the RPM package version which comes with
> SLC6 (the system I am using) I built the current version (4.84) from source, which is now installed and working nicely. In case these are useful to anyone else running
> SLC6/SL6/Centos6/RHEL6 etc. Here are the RPMs together with their MD5 checksums.
>

> http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/exim-4.84-1.el6.src.rpm        037c83fdc369c4dd315131d162cbf287
> http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/exim-4.84-1.el6.x86_64.rpm     7170ba90ec3de50ba858546c51caa0fb
> http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/exim-debuginfo-4.84-1.el6.x86_64.rpm   07bc2d3fe3cc915c454938a7b18b231b
> http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/exim-greylist-4.84-1.el6.x86_64.rpm    54c0b7104acce075e343b362fcf11526
> http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/exim-mon-4.84-1.el6.x86_64.rpm 3915965edc801574dd9653e07ff8fafb
> http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/exim-mysql-4.84-1.el6.x86_64.rpm       2d0f45a062eb59e314c4e3d8e636f6b9
> http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/exim-pgsql-4.84-1.el6.x86_64.rpm       eae29b80f81e78ba7416aca8d85a7aba

\

FWIW, I also put the RPMs that I build and run up on my website:

http://downloads.mrball.net/Linux/CentOS/5/
http://downloads.mrball.net/Linux/CentOS/6/
http://downloads.mrball.net/Linux/Amzn/1/
(for Amazon's AMI 2013 or something like that...their
RPMs build with a flag that causes the final exim
binary to not properly dynamically load the mysql
and postgresql modules if the exim-mysql and
exim-pgsql packages are installed).

...Todd