Re: [exim] Exim asking for auth login screen

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Ronaldo Luiz de Carvalho
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim asking for auth login screen

http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/invalid-helo-after-latest-update-102385.html#post459293

> If I access using a webmail all works well.

Probably because the Exim is configured to relay for localhost before
it checks the HELO.

> I use POP: 110 and SMPT 587 ports without SSL connections.

Since you use cPanel, you probably also have the old hack of
POP-before-SMTP enabled. If they were to simply do a check mail (ie.
connect with POP, a successful user/pass writes your IP to a temp
file, SMTP relaying is then authorized from that IP for a short
while), maybe it would allow them to send. Doesn't fix the problem,
but it gets around the issue.

In the absence of more detail, anything else you hear back is either
guessing or direct from someone who knows lots about cPanel.

...Todd