Re: [exim] Throttle incoming connections without stopping sm…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Throttle incoming connections without stopping smtp auth logins
On 21/10/14 10:20, mtrainer@??? wrote:
> I need to limit incoming smtp mail connections and defer
> additional smtp connections whenever we have a peak of mail / spam. I
> want to do this without limiting smtp auth connections as our users need
> to be able to relay mail out via the exim servers all the time. Anyone
> know how to achieve this with exim settings?

The version of exim you have matters.

Look into the $smtp_count_at_connection_start and $load_average
variables, and think about applying them in your mail-acl
(so that you can test authentication status too).

If auth only uses non-25, do it in a separated conn-acl.

Look also at queue_only_load.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy