Re: [exim] DDOS on SMTP port by large number of new connecti…

Góra strony
Autor: Scott Neader
Dla: Anoop John
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] DDOS on SMTP port by large number of new connections from random IPs
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Anoop John <anoopjohn@???> wrote:

> Is there some setting in exim that can drop connections if there is no
> authentication within a timeout or something like that?

Hi Anoop. I'm not even close to an expert, compared to the many
knowledgeable users on this list, so I will defer to them for the real
solution. But my understanding is that you could use this in your config:

smtp_receive_timeout = 60s

Where 60s = 60 seconds.

This would allow a connection to last for 60 seconds, without any commands
taking place (again, that is my understanding)

Hope this helps.

- Scott