Re: [exim-dev] Exim own log format

Góra strony
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] Exim own log format
On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 09:58 +0000, Jasen Betts wrote:
> IIRC one of the answers said to ask here.

So far as I can ascertain from my (rather extensive) archive of the Exim
lists, that's not the case.

> the ability to add arbitrary content to log lines could be useful,

Either of these will write arbitrary content to logs:

warn log_message = Arbitrary Content
logwrite = Arbitrary Content

But actually changing the defined main log format is a dead end, because
it will break all the tools that have been built up around the defined
main log format.

In the original case provided, exigrep can already pull out specific
single elements of a message's lifetime and correlate them into one log
entry for later processing. That doesn't help the exact request of the
OP, but it gets some way towards it.

Graeme