Re: [exim] Received for header not added to subsequant local…

Author: krakastan
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Received for header not added to subsequant local addreses
appologies for incorrect/unclear terms - perhaps i mean internal and
external delivery.....
thank your for your comments - i will try to digest and work through your
suggestions

in the meantime to clarify (i hope!)....
I have domain1.com, domain2.com and domain3.com on the same server

address1@???  is redirected to address2@??? s
redirected to address3@???

The email is delivered to address3@??? has no reference to
address2@??? in the headers

BUT IF

domain2.com is hosted on a different server the email delivered to
address3@??? includes reference to address1 and address2

hope this clarifies...

wrote:
>> how would i add a header for each received email to include the

recipient
>> of the email ( not necessarily the To/cc etc, but rather the actual
>> delivery address), when the email is a local delivery
>> or
>
> In your router which handles the local delivery:
> headers_add = X-Delivered-To: $local_part@$domain
>
> Then you always know that header will indicate who your mail server
> thought it was delivering mail for.
>
>> how would i make emails for local delivery go via the smtp route.
>
> The question doesn't make sense.&nbsp; Local delivery means NOT using
> smtp.
> The only instance I can think of that doesn't apply is if you have
> front end mail servers which handle spam/virus scanning, and backend
> mail servers which actually have storage for the users' Maildir's.
> But even then, you'd typically use LMTP instead of SMTP to get from
> the frontend to the backend.
>
>> Is there another option to achieve have the "delivery address" added to

>> header for local emails
>> basically - I need a way to track the email routing.
>
> I don't understand the question I guess.&nbsp; This is the Received

header