Re: [exim] how to deal with incoming messages sent to <mail@…

Author: lee
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to deal with incoming messages sent to <mail@example.com>
Andreas Metzler <eximusers@???> writes:

> lee <lee@???> wrote:
>> how is usually dealt with incoming messages that are addressed to
>> <mail@???>?
>
>> Debian has a system account named 'mail', and incoming messages cannot
>> be delivered to this user (when using maildir) because it has no home
>> directory. Also, I don't want to receive any mail for this account.
> [...]
>> What's common good behaviour here?
>
> file:///usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.html#idp48876876
> "Handling incoming mail for local accounts with low UID"

Thank you, that's the perfect answer :)

I'm not using the automatic configuration, so I'll have to figure out
how it's implemented. They are kinda doing what I thought of anyway :)

As to, by default, leaking the user ID, shouldn't that be fixed in exim?

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid. Software is power.