[exim-dev] Logging

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Logging
I started looking into bug 1529, and quickly found the useful item
address->host_used - commented as

    "host that took delivery or failed hard

... and then fairly rapidly found a case where that didn't hold. So
I segued into fixing that... and spotted places where log lines
could more consistently use "H=name [addr]"... and then found
that host_used might just as well mean "last host tried" even for
temporary errors... and the whole thing snowballed.

The results are in a branch "host_used_1529" at

    http://git.exim.org/users/jgh/exim.git

complete with testsuite output changes.

I think the changes are in general worthwhile, but the
downside is the impact on utilities that parse logs.

Opinions? Shall I just push it and be damned?
--
Cheers,
Jeremy