Re: [exim] SWAKS works to send / receive, but Can't connect…

Author: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: [exim] SWAKS works to send / receive, but Can't connect to exim4 smtp server from clients or telnett,
On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Dave Myers
<david.myers.24j74@???> wrote:
> Dear exim users.
>

> I've been setting up a mail server, which finaly seems to be functioning, in
> as much as I can send / receive messages to the server internally and
> externally. this is done using swaks or simple command line such as:

> 25024 SMTP<< auth plain "websales@???" "testPassword"
> 25024 dovecot authentication
> 25024 received: VERSION    1    1
> 25024 received: SPID    20715

As Evgeniy mentioned, your auth plain data is formatted incorrectly.
But I also wanted to point out that it would be much easier for you if
you were using swaks to test this:

swaks --to you@??? --from websales@??? --server
mail.exsportee.biz --auth --auth-user websales@???
--auth-password testPassword

Passing "--auth" without specifying "login" or "plain" will make swaks
try each available advertised method until one works. If you want to
force it to use one (as an example, plain), then adjust the
commandline to read "--auth plain".

You can add "--quit-after auth" to make swaks stop the smtp
conversation after attempting auth (whether it succeeds or fails).

...Todd