Re: [exim] failed to unlink *-J in queue

Author: Kerstin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] failed to unlink *-J in queue
Am 16.09.2014 um 12:11 schrieb Jeremy Harris:
> On 16/09/14 09:52, Kerstin wrote:
>> More curious: the error message did not appear any more since
>> 2014-09-12 12:21:56.
>
> Keep an eye on it in case it reappears.

Yesterday, we got a new issue with exim 4.84:
Routing a mail from server with exim 4.82 to server with exim 4.84
caused the error "closed connection in response to end of data" in
mainlog.
I have seen this error in the past with buggy smtp proxy, which we
don't have in place.
Cutthrough_delivery was not configured for the affected recipients.
After downgrading to exim 4.82 the mail got delivered immediately.

Something is going wrong...

For the moment we decided to stay with exim 4.82 as other tasks have
higher priority.

So far, thanks for the support Jeremy.

- --

Cheers,