Re: [exim] Flush authenticated Exim connections

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Flush authenticated Exim connections
On 2014-09-15, mtrainer@??? <mtrainer@???> wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I am using exim4-daemon-heavy 4.80-7 on debian wheezy. My
> users DB is in ldap. Some of our users that authenticated relaying out
> via our exim mta servers. When any of these accounts get compromised I
> change the user's password in LDAP to stop the spamming. Unfortunately
> any relay connections already setup to the mta's keep working and spam
> keeps going out for some time later. Is there a way to flush a user's
> exim connections to stop them sending spam once the password has been
> changed?

You could kill all the running exim processes and inconvenience a
few users, (who will probably just retry, and then succeed, and think
nothing of it).

To do it right you'd have to re-confirm the users permission to send before
accepting each email (the smtp_data ACL could be a good place for this check)

eg record the time in the smtp_connect ACL and then make sure the
password in the LDAP database is older than that before accepting the
email.

--
umop apisdn