Re: [exim] Drop messages at RCPT time based on IP/Subnet

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alex
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Drop messages at RCPT time based on IP/Subnet
Hi Ted,

Didn't know about iplsearch, that's neat. I guess the drawback with
dnsbl is that it's not very granular with the choice of blocking ip
addresses. I cant really block say a /28 for example. Your approach
would be much better for this. At the moment with the dnsbl I am stuck
with knocking out a single IP, a /24 or /16 or /8 (cant imagine EVER
knocking out a /8, that's just insane).

Is there an iplsearch equivalent that can do MySQL table lookups? I am
really trying to shift away from flat files where possible and have
everything in one central database.

For the moment DNSbl seems to be working a treat, the same clowns who
are slipping through the cracks got an unexpected surprise this morning
during their usual spam run (I have fail2ban also setup which monitors
the exim rejectlog for the string which matches a connect reject due to
dnsbl listing then firewalls out the IP for a few hours (stops them
trying again and again and again and again and again)). Quite hilarious.
I am literally sitting here laughing whilst watching the reject log. One
small battle against the sneaky spammers where I am winning.

Thank to all who have responded so far. It's good to know there are
other alternatives.

Cheers,
Alex.