[exim] specify multiple ldap servers, not using ldap_default…

Autor: von der Hagen, Patrick (SCC)
A: Exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: [exim] specify multiple ldap servers, not using ldap_default_servers
Hi all,

I haven't been around for a while and my exim-knowledge might be a little bit rust. Currently I'm trying to fix an exim-setup where the incoming gateway performs several LDAP-queries to different LDAP-servers. Something along the lines of "server_a/server_b are queried for routing information, server_c/server_d contain some forwards and server_e/server_f are used for authentication. Each pair is a master/slave setup to enhance availability.

Specifying master/slave in ldap_default_servers would work, but in my scenario that's insufficient. However, that's the only solution I find with google.

Specifying server_a for a query and server_c for a different one is is no issue and works fine.
But providing a list of servers for a ldap query fails. According to the documentation, specifying SERVER="server_a server_b" should work, but debugging tells me that SERVER is an unkown option.

I'm probably missing something obvious here.

The system is current debian with exim 4.80, using OpenLDAP.

--
CU,
Patrick.