Re: [exim] Decide what router to use according to the from f…

Author: rblue
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Decide what router to use according to the from field
Thanks a lot for, once again, your detailed explanation. I now
understand how the routers get processed.

I enabled -d+all and noticed the router is still not being used, even
though the acl condition is now being true (after I moved it to
acl_smtp_data) and the variable is set:

03:33:05 23930 expanding: ${if
or{{match_domain{${domain:$h_From:}}{+local_domains}}{match_domain{$sender_address_domain}{+local_domains}}}{yes}{no}}
03:33:05 23930    result: yes

Again, this is the condition in the acl:

acl_smtp_data:
     warn
        condition = ${if or{\
         {match_domain{${domain:$h_From:}}{+local_domains}}\
         {match_domain{$sender_address_domain}{+local_domains}}\
         }{yes}{no}}
        set acl_m_use_ses=1

And this is the condition in the router:

send_via_ses:
driver = manualroute
transport = ses_smtp
route_list = * email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com;
condition = ${if eq{$acl_m_use_ses}{1} {yes}{no}}
verify = false

My goal is to only use the send_via_ses router if the From field in the
header belongs to a local domain.

From what I saw in the debugging messages, the send_via_ses router was
skipped during the verification process, like you previously said, but
it was never "rechecked" after the data phase, any ideas why?