Re: [exim] Getting the latest version for Debian Wheezy

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Getting the latest version for Debian Wheezy
Hi,

Am Sa den 12. Jul 2014 um 1:05 schrieb Michael Grant:
> Does anyone on this list know what the state of getting 4.82.1 (or
> whatever is latest) into the backports repository for Debian is?

You can add a wishlist bug for it.

> It seems like this is quite urgent as there are some serious sounding
> security fixes since 4.80!

I don't think so. Without explicitly checking all the patches, but
debian usually backports security relevant patches to the stable
distribution.

If you find a unfixed security bug you can create a bugreport with sever
severity.

> Or is there some other source out there that has the latest exim for
> wheezy that I could add to my sources.list file?

Especially if you care about security, you will not use some random
debian repository. There are only two alternatives:
1. Using the debian one which might not be the newest version but they
care about security
2. Using a self compiled version with the back draw that you have to
care about the security by yourself.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C