Re: [exim] Deployment of Multiple Exim Servers for Scalabili…

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Deployment of Multiple Exim Servers for Scalability
Hi,

Am Mi den 9. Jul 2014 um 5:55 schrieb Irfan Ul Haq:
> I have searched around but could not find a concrete answer. There is a
> single discussion in Exim mailing list but I am looking for more detailed
> tutorial/answer like discussion on deployment architecture etc.

Well, that could be difficult. Every setup and concepts are different.

> Is it possible to deploy multiple Exim servers for scalability. Is there any
> tutorial available on this topic? It would be great if someone may share
> his/her deployment experience.

Two years ago I set up a really big setup with incoming and outgoing
mails. The setup was done using several servers that are complete in
term of spam and virus scanning.

The biggest problem was that I had to use the old amavis settings in
ldap to decide which messages to accept with which spam level. Also all
other informations was is ldap. Internal the mails had to route
different depending on the address.

I liked that setup finally but not the "clerk thinking" that I found
there. (I don't know how to translate that from German to English. :-)
So I am not anymore in this institute but my mail solution is still
active and seems to scale great.

I would have done a talk for swiss mail-wg but Switch is a bit lame and
did not contact me anymore.

However, I still know the setup very well and could help you if you have
more detail questions. The setup is not real a secret as it is a
official university. I even had some help from here for the one ore
other implementation problem.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C