Re: [exim] file permission in maildir new

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] file permission in maildir new
On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:28:43 +0100
Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+exim@???> wrote:

basti> I have done more than once a "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config"

Klaus> If you change the configuration by hand, you should used
Klaus> update-exim.conf and restart exim afterwards as it is documented
Klaus> in the doc directory.

Klaus> But note that the methode is a bit different if you use one big
Klaus> config file. I think, the debian config makes only sense if you
Klaus> use the multiple file feature (that I personal like).

I am quite sure you're incorrect on both counts. The command basti used
should work (it's what I do for exim config changes), it takes care of
the restarting. And it doesn't matter if the split config is in effect
or not.