Re: [exim] file permission in maildir new

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] file permission in maildir new
On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 03:04:14PM +0200, basti wrote:
> There is a Debian install and I have set all modes I have found to 660
> and all directory_modes to 770 but the problem isn't solved.
>
> I will try to recreate the maildir.

First of all, you should identify the transport, which is used for
delivery, running "exim4 -bt <you_address>". Debian Exim distribution
is provided with different transports for spool directory and
user's home directory, and it's not clear from your mail where
the maildir is located.

Then, you should edit relevant transport definition in directory
/etc/exim4/conf.d/transport and run update-exim4.conf to apply
changes info /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated. If you submit
your test mails by network, also run "/etc/init.d/exim4 restart".

Note: if "procmail_pipe" transport is used, then file creation mode
is defined by procmail's configuration variable UMASK, which
defaults to 077 and leads to mode 600 for new files.
--
Eugene Berdnikov