Re: [exim] file permission in maildir new

Author: Todd Lyons
To: basti
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] file permission in maildir new
> Hello,
>
> I have a maildir where I have set file permission set to 770.
> Inside there is a "new" folder with also 770 file permission.
>
> When I get a mail the new file has only 600.
> How can I solve this?

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_appendfile_transport.html

Look in the alphabetical list of options for the appendfile transport.
The two options you want to pay attention to are:

1. directory_mode (controls the permissions of any subdirectories Exim
creates, default is 0700)
2. mode (controls the permissions of files that Exim creates, default is 0600)

> I use Exim4.

I'm not sure where in Debian's config templates those changes would
actually go. It partially depends if you are using the split config
or not. It will be somewhere in /etc/exim4/, and it will require a
restart so that Exim4 regenerates its config file from the changes you
make to the template file(s).

...Todd