[exim] more on exim/Spamassassin

Góra strony
Autor: Harry Putnam
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] more on exim/Spamassassin
I followed Rob Gunter's thread:
Subject: exim & spamassassin. sorta cool

with interest... but found it is already over my head.

I'm a new exim user after many yrs of sendmail use (just single user
stand alone machines).

Running exim4 on Debian testing (jessie)
I've got exim4 running well enough to send my outgoing mail thru my
smarthost out to the destinations.

Until just recently I used spamassassin with sendmail but really
invoked from ~/.procmailrc

Now I want to try to integrate SA right into exim instead of invoking
from procmail.

-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------
This next is quoted from a post of mine on debian.user
-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------

I've googled up a good number of hits with strings like.

After digging around in several wiki pages and other google hits on
'debian exim4 spamassassin'

I'm thoroughly confused by now.

One of the sources:
https://wiki.debian.org/Exim#Spam_scanning

Under the `Spam scanning' header it tells me exim has a default
configuration for spamassassin (-ed HP included with
exim4-daemon-heavy)

I have the `heavy' version installed and working so far as sending
mail.

So, if exim4 has a default config for SA does that mean I need not
edit anything?.... well apparently not....

The cited page goes on after saying the config is default, to tell me what
edits to make.

Further on it starts getting into what seems to be some really complex
settings.

... is all that necessary... given the config is default?
-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------

Here is another example of the googled material:

http://www.maretmanu.org/homepage/inform/exim-spam.php#spam

Down at the bottom of page is an example called:

`All in one'

Is that intended to replace my current /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template?

It does not really say.
-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------

Any pointers to a basic SA/exim4 setup that leaves less to guess at
would be really appreciated.

I am not an exim4 or SA adept and don't have a keen desire to become
one just to get a working setup that at least puts something into
incoming messages showing a spam analysis.

Any known working examples would be greatly useful.

My goals are:

make SA analyze the messages, and leave a brief report of the analysis
in the message, along with the spam rating.

So, for now I want to see what rules SA uses and how it gets a score.

I'd prefer that analysis to be reported right in the headers of each
message. But I guess other ways, such as logging might do as well.

The big trouble seems to come in the specific acl settings.

Those found in the cited urls appear to be seriously complex to a novice.

A basic setup for SA config in exim4 configuration would be a real
breakthru.

Something that tells which file these edits belong in would be handy
too.

I'm using a setup that uses:

/etc/exim4/conf.d/[...]
           exim4.conf.template