Re: [exim] Meaning of addresses in rejectlog

Góra strony
Autor: Always Learning
Dla: Exim
CC: Kaz Kylheku
Temat: Re: [exim] Meaning of addresses in rejectlog

On Sat, 2014-06-21 at 21:04 -0700, Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> On 21.06.2014 20:57, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> >
> > I'm guessing:
> >
> > H=X [Z] -- host gave no HELO; X is a reverse lookup from Z.

Wrong. HELO = host_name

> > H=(X) [Z] -- X was given as HELO; but matches Z

Never seen this.

H=[5.238.180.231]:1529

The above example means the IP address has no host_name. H=[Z]:1529

> > H=X ([Y]) [Z] -- X was reversed from Z; host gave Y numeric IP as
> > HELO

1. HELO <> host_name
2. Non-matching HELO name is an IP address.

> > H=X (Y) [Z] -- X was reversed from Z; host gave Y non-numeric item as
> > HELO

HELO <> host_name

> No, I think that's not it. Rather:
>
> - unparenthesized token: looked-up host name.

Yes

> - parenthesized token: HELO string (with brackets if IP).

ONLY if different from host_name

> - bracketed token: connecting IP.

Yes

> The third one is always present; either of the preceding two may be
> absent, but they are always in this order.

Yes.

> The looked-up host name is missing if the IP doesn't reverse-resolve.

Yes

> The parenthesized token is absent if there was no HELO (or empty?)

I have never experienced the absence of a HELO name.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.