Re: [exim] Sender address sometimes get truncated until I en…

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender address sometimes get truncated until I enable debug log
On 12/06/14 11:25, Jelle Raaijmakers wrote:
> The icing on the
> cake: if I enable debugging in acl_smtp_mail, the problem goes away!
>
>> warn
>> condition = ${if match
>> {$sender_address}{\N(bounce|mailer|notification|alert)\N}}
>> control = debug/tag=.$sender_host_address/opts=+all

If you can set up a reproducer mail-from it'll be worth
comparing with debug turned on by a commandline option.

I assume by "problem goes away" you mean that such mails
are properly delivered?

Is the effect repeatable for a given seen-bad mail-from,
if you manually insert a test using "swaks"? How about
-bh and (if needed) -oMi ?

> It usually happens with addresses containing equals signs (=), pluses
> (+) or hyphens/dashes (-).

Are there definite cases not involving those characters?

Does the config have any customised (over the baseline Exim,
so including anything Debian do) name affix (prefix or suffix)
manipulation?

--
Cheers,
    Jeremy