Re: [exim] Sender address sometimes get truncated until I en…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Todd Lyons
Para: Jelle Raaijmakers
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Sender address sometimes get truncated until I enable debug log
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Jelle Raaijmakers <jelle@???> wrote:
> Exim registers these emails with their truncated sender address in the
> mainlog:
>> 2014-06-10 09:34:57 1WuGa7-0007ik-VS <= notification+zrdp
>> H=outmail023.ash2.facebook.com (mx-out.facebook.com) [66.220.155.157]
>> P=esmtps X=TLS1.0:DHE_RSA_AES_128_CBC_SHA1:128 S=8683
>> id=feceb7aea9abf11820c8158fefd3f416@???

Ok, that's at least a data point of *where* we can start to try to
figure out why the value is truncated.

> However, our custom logging in acl_smtp_mail registers the entire address
> when we log $sender_address. Somewhere in the process, the address gets
> truncated.

Another good data point. You said Debian Stable 4.80. Did you mean
4.80.1? Or is the security fix backported to 4.80 for your release?

> The icing on the cake:
> if I enable debugging in acl_smtp_mail, the problem goes away!
>
>> warn
>> condition = ${if match
>> {$sender_address}{\N(bounce|mailer|notification|alert)\N}}
>> control = debug/tag=.$sender_host_address/opts=+all
> This is the only difference in the entire ACL for these sender addresses. It
> makes the problem virtually impossible for me to debug. My guess would be a

Yeah, the change in behavior makes it impossible to debug in the ACL.
We'll have to trace through the code to figure out what's different
about debug mode versus non-debug mode.

> Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

No, not yet, but if you can give us a repeatable case, we can track it
down. We will need:

1) A simple exim.conf
2) A MAIL FROM that causes this.
3) A RCPT TO that will be accepted by the exim.conf above.
4) An email headers and body that will be accepted by the exim.conf above.

I'll feed all of this to swaks with local custom builds and see if I
can repeat it with 4.80, 4.82, and current master.

...Todd