Re: [exim] ratelimit doesn't work

Top Pagina
Auteur: Yves Goergen
Aan: Jan Ingvoldstad
CC: exim users, Jeremy Harris
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] ratelimit doesn't work
On 04.05.2014 08:44 CE(S)T, Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
> On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM, Yves Goergen
> <nospam.list@???>wrote:
>>
>> That's an LTS version of Ubuntu. I use it because I don't want to update
>> the whole system every few months. The next update will be to 14.04 some
>> time later this year when it's available.
>
> s/later/earlier/, it was released over two weeks ago.

You didn't read the news, did you? Upgrading from the previous LTS
version is only available with the first distribution upgrade, expected
this summer.

>> The downside of system distributions and packages is that you can't freely
>> choose the version you want.
>
> That's false.
>
> You're still free to choose the version you want, you just cannot expect it
> to always be pre-packaged for you.
>
> Very little of your original freedom has been taken away, you can mix and
> match.

Of course I could compile it myself, that's what I used to do. But I'm
using packages for a reason now. They're much easier to maintain. Why
should I spend weeks to get it working right (as I did) if somebody
already did it for me?

--
Yves Goergen
http://unclassified.de