Re: [pcre-dev] /x modifier bug when using # comments in RE ?

Author: GAUTIER Herve
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] /x modifier bug when using # comments in RE ?

On 06/06/2014 14:35, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:

On 6 June 2014 14:15, GAUTIER Herve <herve.gautier@???><mailto:herve.gautier@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> How test with pcretest using my configuration ? Can I put CR in my RE ? Is pcretest take in account the --enable-newline-is-* while entering the RE ?

Try using the "/<lf>" modifier (w/o quotes) when giving the regexp to
pcretest (you can combine it with x: "/x<lf>"), or try adding (*LF) at
the very beginning of the pattern itself.

I don't think so.

In fact my problem is that my DATA have newlines as CR LF but my RE using /x (and comments with "# comments") uses only LF.

If I can not distinguish the newline sequence of my DATA and newline sequence of my RE I need to force one to other.
Simpler for me in my code should be to change all LF of my RE in CR LF. Not already test but I should work.

But, my remaining problem is that if I have compiled PCRE with --enable-newline-is-crlf on a system (Linux) which has LF as newline, when using pcretest, how can I enter the newline sequence CR LF when entering my RE ?

Rv

--
Hervé GAUTIER