Re: [exim] Exim 4.83 RC1 uploaded

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.83 RC1 uploaded
* on the Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 09:16:02PM +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:

>> I have uploaded Exim 4.83 RC1
>
> Has anybody tried it? We're about to put out RC2.
> Any comments on RC1 would be most welcome.

I'm running it on two boxes. I haven't tested all of the new stuff
it includes, but I do have dns_dnssec_ok set, and have enabled the
new tls_try_verify_hosts SMTP transport option, both of which
seem to work. I haven't seen any issues other than the dnssec
strict/defer lookup stuff I mentioned on exim-dev. It hasn't
crashed, I've scanned my logs and haven't seen any unexpected
errors or deliverability issues.

They're not high-usage boxes though. They've probably only handled
a few thousand emails between them since I installed it last
Thursday.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com https://emailprivacytester.com
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3   B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F