[exim-dev] Feature freeze for 4.83

Author: Todd Lyons
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Feature freeze for 4.83
This is the official announcement of feature freeze in the Exim master
branch as we begin the RC process for a 4.83 release. Patches will be
accepted for minor bugfixes, but no new features should be merged into
master. Outstanding patch merges which are already in the Bugzilla
are ok if they've been tested, but are not ok if they've not been
tested.

Planned timeline:
- Today: cut 4.83_RC1 and release for testing
- Further RC's as needed to make sure it builds for all platforms
- Final release will be cut 3-5 days after the final RC.
- Total expected time is 3-4 weeks, but it could be longer if build
problems are encountered. *

* We now have an Exim build farm, which is heavily populated with
Linux distro's. Any Unix admins who could add a user account, git
checkout a build farm client, register it with the build farm, and run
a cron job (as frequently as hourly, but really only once or twice per
day is requested).

...Todd Lyons (pp. The Exim Maintainers)