Re: [exim-dev] ACL for outgoing connections?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-dev
題目: Re: [exim-dev] ACL for outgoing connections?
On 12/05/14 15:26, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> I'm just attending the "Mailserver Conference" in Berlin (gave a talk
> about Exim as an MTA-Framework ;)
>
> One of the questions that I got: Can we somehow control how outgoing
> connections continue in face of *any* condition?
>
> Somehow it fits again into the gap with checks for an outgoing TLS
> connection, but in a more general way. So, basically it's the
> continuation of my messages from last week :)
>
> (The actual question was: I'd like to tear down the outgoing connection
> as soon as I'm faced with a specific (E)SMTP banner. -- Don't ask why.)

That's a fairly esoteric need. I wish I was allowed to ask why :)

I'd be tempted to refuse to have a separate acl option for each
possible SMTP command, but to have only one which was passed the
command line (now that ACLs can take arguments, it doesn't even
need a global).

Perhaps the TCP connect and the TLS verify could also be regarded
as events also for such a callback. I'm having a hard time
guessing when you'd ever want the TCP connect one though.

I do think we need some better justification for the facility.
Perhaps an Experimental build feature.
--
Cheers,
    Jeremy