Re: [exim] Retry rule of NDR based on error

Góra strony
Autor: Thomas Hommers
Dla: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Retry rule of NDR based on error
Hi Todd,

thanks for your comment.

Actually that was not what i meant, my question should be: How do i make exim droping an email (NDR) on 5xx error instead of freezing and retry?

regards
Thomas

On Todd Lyons <tlyons@???>, May 11, 2014 1:51 AM wrote:
If the NDR gets a 5xx response (i.e. user doesn't exist, rejected as
spam, etc) exim should then freeze the NDR. Your question is actually
"If I get a temporary error (a 4xx response), how do I force exim to
blackhole or redirect the message to some box I can later inspect?"

I've not done this nor really thought much about it, so I don't have a
solution off the top of my head. I just wanted to let you know that
your issue is slightly differently than you think it is.

...Todd