Re: [exim] lots of "string_sprintf expansion was longer than…

Author: Dave Restall - System Administrator,,,
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] lots of "string_sprintf expansion was longer than 32768"
Hi,

> Am 09.05.2014 11:04, schrieb Dave Restall - System Administrator,,,:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Like i said, all headers are gone, and the message body looks quite
> >> right to me.
> >> there are a lot of attachments in the mail, but thats it.
> > I noticed that all the spool files you listed were of the same size though
> > you said there were lost of them. Do the files contain the same payload ?
> >

> with variates, yes.

Probably a problem with the content then.

What version of exim are you using ? On 4.82 the error message appears
in string.c and acl.c, I'm not familiar enough with exim source code to
be able to pronounce further but it could be an ACL that's failing and
its being run early in the process - before the log file write.

Going back to the files, I'd get the content from the spool file and
see if the error can be duplicated using the content, if it can, start
splitting the content down to individual attachments and see if you can
find one that's got the problem.

Realistically, the only way to debug this issue is the be able to
replicate it.

Regards,

lists/exim/users/2014-05-09.2.tx                               exim-users

| Dave Restall, Computer Anorak, Geek, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger  |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave@???  - Anti-SocialMediaist -  Web : Not Ready Yet :-( |