Re: [exim] Frankenstein exim.conf

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Todd Lyons
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Always Learning
Kopio: Exim
Aihe: Re: [exim] Frankenstein exim.conf
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Always Learning <exim@???> wrote:

>>    deny message   = HELO Policy Restriction: HELO is not an FQDN.
>>       condition = ${if match{$sender_helo_name}{\N^\[\N}{no}{yes}}
>>       condition = ${if match{$sender_helo_name}{\N[^.]\N}{no}{yes}}

I just realized that this needs another condition added:
authenticated = *

People using SMTP Auth on their laptops from mobile locations
frequently get non-FQDN hostnames assigned. It's ok to let those go
by.

> Watch-out for Micro$oft. They are an Internet pest.
>
> M$ do not recognise 550; never read log messages; keep retrying twice
> every 10 minutes night and day until you either block their IP range or
> provide an exception for the world's biggest bunch of computer clowns.

That's harsh. Can you provide some logs that illustrate this? I
don't see the type of abuse by MS Exchange Servers that you claim to
be seeing. I will however take a closer look at my logs and see if I
can see anything from *.outlook.com that looks remotely similar.

...Todd