Re: [exim] Replicated Mailbox Lists SOLVED

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: schmerold2@gmail.com
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Replicated Mailbox Lists SOLVED
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:06 PM, schmerold2@???
<schmerold2@???> wrote:
> We are using Exim servers as a filter for a cPanel host.

<snip>

> 4) Line 3 of acl_check_rcpt performs the magic
> acl_check_rcpt:
> accept hosts = lsearch;/etc/exim/whitelist
> accept hosts = :
> require recipients = lsearch;/etc/exim/getAllEmail.txt
> deny local_parts = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
>
>   deny message   = HELO Policy Restriction: HELO is not an FQDN.
>      condition = ${if match{$sender_helo_name}{\N^\[\N}{no}{yes}}
>      condition = ${if match{$sender_helo_name}{\N[^.]\N}{no}{yes}}

>   deny message = rejected because $sender_host_address is in a black list at
> $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
>      dnslists =
> zen.spamhaus.org/<;$sender_host_address;$sender_address_domain :\
>        bl.spameatingmonkey.net : bl.mailspike.net : dnsbl.sorbs.net :
> b.barracudacentral.org : bb.barracudacentral.org : psbl.surriel.com : \
>        cidr.bl.mcafee.com : hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.2

The above all looks good.

I would consider and discuss some potential changes below. Call the
following stanza 1:

>   accept domains = +relay_to_domains
>          endpass
>          message = relay not permitted at this server
>          verify = recipient

And this is stanza 2:

> accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts

And this is stanza 3:

>   deny message = REJECTED - Sender Verify Failed and no RDNS
>        !verify = reverse_host_lookup
>        !verify = sender/callout=2m,defer_ok
>        !senders = +whitelist_senders
>        !condition =  ${if eq{$sender_verify_failure}{}}

I would consider reordering them to be 3 then 1 then 2, because
otherwise you will never do the sender verify for locally generated
emails (stanza 2). Whether stanza 1 has much impact really depends on
what you have for +relay_to_domains (on my system, it's empty because
I relay based on valid recipient, local/known ip ranges, and smtp
authenticated session). I will however, caution you that doing sender
callouts can be considered abusive by some, so it may be that you are
actually helping your reputation by less frequently performing the
sender callouts.

...Todd