Re: [exim] Conditional forward suggestions

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Gary Stainburn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Conditional forward suggestions
On Monday 28 April 2014 14:29:42 Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 28/04/14 14:16, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > What I'm looking for is some way of disabling the forward to gmail if I'm
> > currently at my PC.
> >
> > This gives me two problems,
> >
> > 1) how do I detect when I'm at my PC?
> >
> > 2) how do I disable / enable the forwarding?
> >
> > For this I was thinking of using a trigger file created / deleted by
> > whatever method I get for (1) above. Then within my .forward check to see
> > if this file exists.
>
> Not in a .forward.
>
> You might be able to do it in a filter - but if this is a single-user PC
> it'd be simpler to code it in your exim router chain.
> --
> Cheers,
>    Jeremy

Jeremy,

This isn't a single user setup, it's our corporate server. While I am the
admin for the server I wanted to keep this code separate from the main
exim.conf structure for maintenance purposes, as well as reducing the chances
of unexpected side effects.

One idea is the check for the file existing within exim.conf, and if it does,
add a header. I could then check for this header existing within the .forward
file

I'm open to suggestions on the best way to do this.

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager