Re: [exim] "no immediate delivery" vs. queuing

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Terry
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] "no immediate delivery" vs. queuing
Hi,

On 21/04/2014 04:37, Lena@??? wrote:
<snipped>
> Did you hear of the page linked above?

I had seen the BlockCracking page on the wiki before but hadn't read it
until several people referred to it on the mailing list. I wasn't
really sure what "Block Cracking" was but reading the wiki page cleared
up my confusion over the name and I had the "aha" moment of "Oh, this
uses ACLs to block compromised user mail accounts from sending spam."

As a novice Exim administrator, I want to thoroughly understand each
thing I do with Exim. I haven't implemented this yet because I'm still
working out exactly what will happen using this in my Debian config. In
Debian, the accept authenticated = * paragraph is not a single line so
I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll break. :) I'll be back to ask some
questions, I'm sure.

> What do you think should be done for its promotion?

1. If you click on the list of pages for the wiki, this page displays
as "BlockCracking". Perhaps it would be clearer if the page was titled
"ACLsBlockCracking" so the URL still stays relatively short or if that's
not an issue then edit the title of the page so it's more descriptive,
for example, something like "BlockCracking - ACLs to block compromised
user accounts" or what you already have in the text of the document
"Blocking compromised accounts and auth cracking".

2. A short description and link to the BlockCracking page from this
wiki page from the FAQ: What should I put in my acl_smtp_rcpt?
https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/Q0743

3. Exim documentation - Perhaps some mention or link in the Exim docs
in the ratelimiting section -
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-access_control_lists.html#SECTratelimiting

--
Terry