Re: [exim-dev] Survey

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Richard Clayton
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] Survey
On 2014-04-21 at 13:29 +0100, Richard Clayton wrote:
> ... it would be good to address these whilst creating #4.83. The missing
> US in malware.c has already been fixed, but we need some casts in
> store.c.
>
> I see that bug 1145 already noted this (in Sep 2011) ... and the patches
> are obvious (too obvious ?):

My understanding has been that the valgrind stuff disappears with
NVALGRIND defined in Local/Makefile and that the problems were somehow
inherent in using Valgrind.

If instead Valgrind can be fixed with casting results to void, why
aren't these part of the macro definitions?

I'm not arguing against these changes, merely taken aback that the
solution to those valgrind complaints might turn out to be so simple.

-Phil