Re: [exim] Queue instead of temporarily reject

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Queue instead of temporarily reject
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 04:30:11PM +0000, Thomas Hommers wrote:

> I've setup a manual route to forward all emails addresses to a certain domain to one host. This is working fine, except the dns of this host cannot be resolved. In this case the SMTP connection in temporarily rejected.
>
> I would like to have the email accepted and queued instead of temporarily rejected.
>
> Does somebody knows if this is possible?

Try option "host_find_failed = defer" for manualroute router.
Look at http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_manualroute_router.html
for description of this option.

However, you shoud understand that "solution" is bad, because situation
when DNS answers "no such host" is a serious configuration error
(don't mess is with DNS timeout, which should be a temporary error).
You have better to make address of your mail hub resolvable,
maybe by entry in local /etc/hosts.
--
Eugene Berdnikov