Re: [exim] IPV6 error in exim -> now "unrouteable"

Author: Phil Pennock
To: spam774-anon
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] IPV6 error in exim -> still problem
Subject: Re: [exim] IPV6 error in exim -> now "unrouteable"
On 2014-04-14 at 22:46 +0200, Privacy wrote:
> However, I did a few things:
> - I had both a /etc/exim4/conf.d directory (split config) and a
> exim4.conf.template (unique file). I removed the conf.d directory to be
> sure it'd read the unique config file.
>
> - The config file is named 'exim4.conf.template'. Is that really
> correct? In doubt, I duplicated it to exim4.conf.

You really _really_ should read Debian's documentation on how to manage
their Exim configuration files, which explains how the pieces fit
together. The same applies on Ubuntu or any other Debian derivative.

$ gzip -dc /usr/share/doc/exim4/README.Debian.gz | less

You want "2.1.6. Using a completely different configuration scheme" and
sub-sections thereof.

You can probably recover deleted configuration templates from apt/dpkg.

Regards,
-Phil