[exim] "Mail delivery failed" backscatter is not spam-scanne…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Yves Goergen
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] "Mail delivery failed" backscatter is not spam-scanned
Hi,

I'm currently receiving large amounts of backscatter spam that basically
says "Mail delivery failed: ..." in its subject. SpamAssassin is set up
and rejects a lot of spam, it's just totally useless on these messages.
Normally all incoming messages get a spam filter info header added, but
these messages don't even seem to be processed by SpamAssassin. It's as
if Exim knows better and directly lets those messages pass into my mailbox.

I want to be in control and let SpamAssassin scan and possibly reject
all messages, including those that look like mail delivery errors. Then
I could at least add a rule that rejects all messages of that type, even
if it's an ugly solution, but so is e-mail itself. But that doesn't even
work because Exim doesn't pass those messages to SpamAssassin.

Is there some kind of exception built-in in Exim or what's wrong here?

This is Exim 4.71 on Ubuntu 10.04. I could append parts of my config if
it helps, but that's gonna be lengthy and it'll take some time to
collect it.

--
Yves Goergen
http://unclassified.de