Re: [exim] retry timeout exceeded

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] retry timeout exceeded
On 31/03/14 07:08, Jacco van Gent wrote:
> I am using Mailscanner together with Baruwa 2.0, their setup suggest deferring the message, so that Mailscanner can process it and write message data to a postgresql database. If I am not mistaken, this is the same approach Mailscanner suggests on their website.
>
> They to suggest deferring the message (for message scans), scanning the message and then calling exim to send it out. The missing link to me seems the part where the retry database isn't updated when that second step successfully sends the message to the backend SMTP server.

In the commonly accepted usage of the words, "deferred" means that exim
does not have the message yet. So it can't send it out.

So either your combination setup is very odd or you're using different
words. Perhaps you could describe your message flow in more detail.
Include SMTP protocol-level actions and the interactions between
Mailscanner and Exim.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy