Re: [exim] retry timeout exceeded

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Evgeniy Berdnikov
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] retry timeout exceeded
On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:05:08AM +0000, Jacco van Gent wrote:
> I am using exim (4.82) together with mailscanner. Exim is setup to
> defer messages so that mailscanner can scan the messages. After
> mailscanner has scanned the message and if the message passes as
> clean, mailscanner calls exim to sent the message to the backend
> smtp server (exchange).

Jacco,
what do you mean by "defer"? If message rejection with temporary
error, it seems ridiculous. Messages should be processed immediately
on arrival.

You have better to look for another processing scheme, without any
deferral for scanning. Just call mailscanner utility from your
custom transport.

> Now the obvious question is why are message defers for content
> scanning being reported as error in the retry db ?

Because non-error situation is "mail accepted", others are errors.
--
Eugene Berdnikov