Re: [exim] Unit-testing Exim configurations

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: David North
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Unit-testing Exim configurations
David North wrote:
> This is a bit of self-promotion, but I'm curious to know if anyone out
> there is making use of my framework [0] for writing unit/functional
> tests for an Exim installation? I've heard from one other user in the
> two years it's existed.

I hadn't come across it myself, so hadn't used it :-)

As you say in the blog entry about it -
https://www.dnorth.net/2012/03/17/introducing-eximunit/ - there is a
perl TAP module for testing routing and config as well.

It doesn't have the scope of ambition of eximunit, but has worked pretty
well where I've used it. Its also a good reminder - I have just checked
and found I am holding a couple of bug fixes in the dev repo which have
not been pushed as a release yet, so will get to that.

See
    https://metacpan.org/pod/Test::MTA::Exim4
    https://github.com/nigelm/Test-MTA-Exim4

Looks like there are a selection of exim test facilities around, each
with little publicity/awareness. We should change this last bit.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]