Re: [exim-dev] New malware scanner type "sock"

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] New malware scanner type "sock"
On 2014-03-08 at 19:02 +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> > I'd still like confirmation from other people that I've not broken:
> >
> > f-protd
> > drweb
> > aveserver
> > fsecure
> > kavdaemon
> > cmdline
> > sophie
> > clamd/STREAM
> > clamd/zINSTREAM
> > mksd
>
> I've heard zilch. Does anyone care if I commit the potentially broken
> code?

I'm not in a position to test any of these: I'm not using any virus
scanning on my mail-server. Given that there's no Windows at home and
limited coverage for other platform viruses in signature based systems,
the increased attack surface from the scanners was repeatedly my
greatest exposure and I got tired of virus scanner security updates.

I suggest merging and then posting to exim-users a heads-up asking for
testers. Might even be worth an exim-announce post.

-Phil